Believe it or not, it IS 2011! I find that hard to believe seeing the fact that I have finally mastered writing the date 2010. I suppose I will have to get use to it.
The new year is a wonderful time for reflecting upon all the many blessings of the past year. There are so many ways for doing so. Looking at pictures, going through journals, reading old letters. These things help us to not only live for "the here and now" but to reflect upon all the past years of life. This year I went back and read (skimmed) through my fourteen (or more) journals. I'm one of those people who writes everything down, which I'm glad of (for the most part). It was great to look back and remember all the good times, all the little details, and the hard times as well. I found myself saying "if I didn't write this down, I would NEVER have remembered this!" It was definitely a fun thing to do. As far as going through letters and pictures...I think looking through journals ate into the letter reading time. And as for pictures, well-I'm always going through pictures and appreciating memories. Reflecting is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't always look pretty.
As far as resolutions go, here is one of mine...
To publish (or get in book form) one of my stories, or collection of articles. It is something I have wanted to do for a while. So I thought why not make it a resolution.
What are some of your resolutions? Goofy or serious, I'd love to hear. Feel free to leave it in the comment box below.
Well thats enough of my ramblings...Happy new year, and God bless you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment